1 502 Invalid username or password

Technical Support for Astraweb. Moderated by a real live Astraweb representative.

Moderator: stevef

1 502 Invalid username or password

Postby DigitalMu » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 am

I just signed up to Astraweb tonight. I've used newsgroups for decades but haven't been on them for a few years.

Every time I try to do anything on newsbin with Astraweb, I get a critical error.

ERROR DG - Connection Failed: Astraweb Server Index:1 502 Invalid username or password

I don't really understand. I've checked my username and password repeatedly. In fact, i downloaded Forte Agent and accessed Astraweb with no difficulty. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!
DigitalMu
n00b
n00b

Re: 1 502 Invalid username or password

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:40 am

I'd probably delete and re-add the server entry from inside Newsbin. Then see what happens.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby DigitalMu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 am

Quade wrote:I'd probably delete and re-add the server entry from inside Newsbin. Then see what happens.

Thanks -- mere moments after I posted the issue, it automagically bega working....and then tonight it just *suddenly* quit again. Same error.

And yeah, deleting the settings and setting it up again is the first thing I tried. hmmm Image link not allowed for unregistered users
DigitalMu
n00b
n00b

Postby DigitalMu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:12 am

Here's the note I just left for Astraweb

I'm a new customer. Upon starting service, for at least a couple of hours, I was unable to connect with Newsbin. Every time I tried, I got the following error

[02:59:17] ERROR DG - Connection Failed: Astraweb Server Index:1 502 Invalid username or password

I used regular newsbin and then I downloaded your install of newsbin. Several times I tried re-entering my logon and password but it didn't help.

I gave up and used Forte Agent.....and experienced no problems.

I went back to Newsbin and suddenly it worked again.............until tonight.

Tonight, I fired up newsbin and am experiencing the same exact problems. I know my password and logon are correct. I know my settings are correct (I've not changed them). I've also read your knowledgebase regarding "502 Invalid username or password" but it provided no useful information.

I am not (yet) running SSL
I am using the US news server
I am currently running no firewall or virus protection
I am not using a proxy
DigitalMu
n00b
n00b

Return to Astraweb