Start dates different SSl. Astraweb and us.news.astraweb

Technical Support for Astraweb. Moderated by a real live Astraweb representative.

Moderator: stevef

Start dates different SSl. Astraweb and us.news.astraweb

Postby eclapwannabe » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:42 pm

This may not get answered because this is an unique problem with me and everybody else is concerned with newer header stuff( like within the last few days)

My old standby X-news program shows that the first headers available on the us.news.astraweb starts around 20 Sept 2008. The SSL. astraweb Server shows first headers available as 23 November 2008. X-news is not set up natively to handle SSL servers and to be honest NBP makes things a whole lot easier to do ssl service. The problem with X-news is older multi-part headers give it problems and it usually cannot read the multipart files correctly.

I recently had a WD Passport ultra hd starting to fail me within 15 months a 2 TB external hard drive. I am now weary of Western Digital drives. I have two other external HD one made by Fantom (Green) and Iomega. But they are both single TB drives (931 of actual HD space) when formatted. That is why I opted to a 2 TB(1.81 TB when formatted). So I am having to go back a pick up stuff that is several years old thus I need to retrieve those headers from earlier dates.

Is my only recourse is to add the us.news.astraweb. server also?
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: Start dates different SSl. Astraweb and us.news.astraweb

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Check your storage age.

You're unlikely to be able to downloading things that old from AW or Giga. Neither one has the retention they claim to.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Astraweb