Sudden Newsbin tard...

Technical Support for Newshosting. Moderated by a real live Newshosting representative.

Moderator: radams

Sudden Newsbin tard...

Postby wcswcswcs » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:12 pm

I've been using Newsbin since at least version 3... with many different providers.

But I'm having trouble under 6.22 with XP and Newshosting (new to this provider). I get authentication errors galore.

The supplied Newshosting browser is nice enough but it ain't Newsbin! Performance is a couple hundred kb/s under Newsbin and of course I'm an optimization freak.

Can anybody validate this combination?

Your devotee... who has bought more than one license cause you deserve it...

[21:20:46] ERROR newshosting Unable to read Greetings from Server: Server:newshosting NNTPServer: Timeout - Waiting for Server to send Data:
[21:20:46] ERROR DG - Connection Failed: newshosting Server Index:2 Socket - Read or Write TimeoutSocket - Already ClosedSocket - General ErrorSocket - Connection To Server FailedSocket - Write To Server FailedSocket - Read From Server FailedDNS - Unable to Find Server's AddressDNS - Unable to Find ServiceDNS - Unable to Find Peer Address
[21:21:46] ERROR newshosting Unable to read Greetings from Server: Server:newshosting NNTPServer: Timeout - Waiting for Server to send Data:
[21:21:46] ERROR newshosting Unable to read Greetings from Server: Server:newshosting NNTPServer: Timeout - Waiting for Server to send Data:
[21:21:46] ERROR DG - Connection Failed: newshosting Server Index:2 Socket - Read or Write TimeoutSocket - Already ClosedSocket - General ErrorSocket - Connection To Server FailedSocket - Write To Server FailedSocket - Read From Server FailedDNS - Unable to Find Server's AddressDNS - Unable to Find ServiceDNS - Unable to Find Peer Address
[21:21:46] ERROR DG - Connection Failed: newshosting Server Index:2 Socket - Read or Write TimeoutSocket - Already ClosedSocket - General ErrorSocket - Connection To Server FailedSocket - Write To Server FailedSocket - Read From Server FailedDNS - Unable to Find Server's AddressDNS - Unable to Find ServiceDNS - Unable to Find Peer Address
wcswcswcs
n00b
n00b

Re: Sudden Newsbin tard...

Postby Quade » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:28 am

What's the actual address you entered into the address field? This looks like either the server isn't configured properly or that some security software is blocking the connection.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newshosting