Anyone here use Tweaknews?

Help each other out if there is not a specific forum here for your news service. Discussion of news servers known to have problems, troubleshooting news server problems, other news service related issues.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Anyone here use Tweaknews?

Postby blenky » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:55 pm

I have a yearly sub with Tweaknews up to June this year. For first six months it was great but since October I have been seeing serious completion issue on post no more that 10 or so days old. I have asked Tweaknews for help\advise on this as I don't understand it. All reviews I've seen of Tweaknews are complimentary on completeness and I've not seen any complaints. It's not at my end as I have used both Tweaknews and Ninja - where Ninja shows 100% completeness on one particular d/l Tweaknews was son bad that I could not even repair with PARS.

Tweaknews support or no help all I get is a boilerplate response
Kindly note we are solely an access provider for Usenet. Usenet is a world-wide electronic network similar to the world wide web. This network contains various categories, so called 'newsgroups'. The content of usenet is neither administered by us nor we can add or delete data.

Anyone got any ideas or experiencing same problem?
blenky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/22/04

Re: Anyone here use Tweaknews?

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 am

If the files starting showing 430 errors after they get older, it normally means they're being purposely removed at the request of the copyright owners.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Anyone here use Tweaknews?

Postby blenky » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Its not a problem with age or take down as they are 100% complete on other providers. I chose Tweaknews as they are based in the Netherlands and rarely takes stuff down.

The problem shows after only a few days. Usually there is enough PARS to fix but not always.

Seems like time to move at the end of my 12 months in June. Just interested if anyone else get same issue. Their support does not care.

Cheers
blenky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/22/04

Return to News Servers