How reliable are the Netherland News Servers

Help each other out if there is not a specific forum here for your news service. Discussion of news servers known to have problems, troubleshooting news server problems, other news service related issues.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How reliable are the Netherland News Servers

Postby eclapwannabe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:05 pm

I just tried d/L 2 chunks of files from Astraweb and half the files in those chunks are not on their servers.
The headers are about 27 months old.

I have been thinking of trying a block account from one of the Netherland News Providers. Tweaknews in particular. They state 1100 Days of retention but I would need to pay in euro's. What I would like to do is buy a prepaid visa card and load it with euros. That way I would only be paying an exchange rate one time. How would I go about this? Are there other NL news providers that people have had good result from them, retention and reliable headers?

Any input in this matter would be appreciated.

TIA
ECWB
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: How reliable are the Netherland News Servers

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:38 am

I like Usenetserver for old stuff that's typically not DMCA'd. For DMCA you probably have to use a foreign server.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: How reliable are the Netherland News Servers

Postby enchant » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:15 am

I had an account with tweaknews a couple years ago. I found it was good for some things, but the retention wasn't good. I also have a usenetserver account that I'm happy with, but like pretty much all of them, they're subject to dmca. I found that tweaknews was much slower to take down stuff. But if I was looking for something over a few months old, it was often very incomplete, and not due to dmca.
enchant
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/14/10

Return to News Servers