The green color is used to indicate posts that have the "new" status. You may be confused by the fact that you have looked at these posts and this status has not been removed?
There are two possible reasons for this.
- The first, and most likely, is that you simply haven't marked them as read. Unlike Newsbin v4, Newsbin v5.0 remembers which posts are new, and won't forget until you tell it to. There are basically 3 ways to do this.
1) Selecting multiple posts, and using Mark as Read .
2) Using Mark All Read for an entire tab or group list entry
3) Telling NewsBin to automatically mark posts as read once you've loaded them into a post list and subsequently close the post list.
- The second is that you rely on Auto-Mark Old, but also leave your tabs open when downloading headers. ie: You also take advantage of the new Auto-Show feature of v5.05.
Unfortunately, at the moment, these two features to not play nice together, and things you see one time due to Auto-Show will not be Auto-Marked as Old until you reload the tab.
The reason for this is that unlike the description, Auto-Mark Old actually does the marking on spool read (tab open), and not on tab close. By the time the Auto-Shown posts appear, it's already done its job.
The only way around this is to manually mark these Auto-Shown posts as read yourself.
Another point to be aware of is that (at the moment anyway) there is no way to "Mark Unread".