There is now quite extensive documentation on Newsbin 5 that answers many questions. It is held online and accessed via your web browser. It can be accessed in several ways:
- The link from the main Newsbin web site
- The Help option from the Help menu within Newsbin itself
- Directly via the link to http://help.newsbin.com
The documentation is structured into the following main sections:
- User Guide: A general guide to using NewsBin. If you are having problems with Newsbin then the Troubleshooting section may be of particular interest.
- Version 4.3x to 5.0 Guide: Outlines specific differences that people accustomed to running Version 4.3x will discover and might initially find confusing as they are used to the way Newsbin 4 operated.
- Option Detail: Detailed reference information on each option available in NewsBin
- Shortcuts - List of shortcuts that activate certain functions.
- TCP Interface: Interface definition for the built in TCP Interface that can be used by programmers to control newsbin behavior.
- Glossary: Glossary of terms. Includes Usenet and NewsBin specific terminology.
Finally there is also the Newsbin 5 Tutorial produced by one of the Newsbin users covering some of the commonest tasks you are likely to do within Newsbin. This is well worth looking at for new users. Bear in mind, though that some of the fine detail of the screens shown may differ if you are using a different release of Newsbin 5 to that used to produce the tutorial, although the overall approach will not have changed.