How to Filter using Size/File Name

Tips on writing regular expressions for searching the post list

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How to Filter using Size/File Name

Postby GXL » Sat Dec 08, 2001 9:56 pm

Whenver I filter using the SIZE option, it overides all the filters in the SUBJECT & FILE filters, is there way around it.

This is what I would like to do.

Search for files bigger than 1MB, BUT I want the "nfo" & "Sfv" files to show up.

Thanks
GXL

RE: How to Filter using Size/File Name

Postby dexter » Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:42 am

Hmmm, the only way around this is the manual approach. Use the "Find in Subject" field and enter (\.csv)|(\.nfo) to show only the .csv and .nfo files. Once you grab those, you can clear the subject filter and fall back on your file size filters for the remaining posts.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Passive Observer » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:21 am

This is something I'd also like to be able to do. Show all posts above X size, and then ALSO show .sfv, .nfo, .par, whatever, too, even if they fall under the size limit.
Passive Observer

Postby Quade » Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:19 pm

With 4.0, you define a filter profile to show you what you want, then from the main window, you apply the filter profile to the current post list. It shows you the files you want, then you can select some other filter profiles (like default) to go back to the other view.

I use this for finding SFV's and movies in the same groups. Different filter profiles can be assigned to different groups so each group has a custom filter.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Ivann » Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:23 pm

Just put these three lines in the accept subject filter
\([0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\)
\([0-9]\/[0-9]\)
\([0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\)
Ivann

Postby iguana » Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:55 pm

I think I'm missing something -- I see how you can filter for size, and for subject or filename characteristics, but it's not clear to me how one can do what is being asked -- namely to filter by size EXCEPT when certain subject/filename expressions are matched. It seems to be possible as evidenced by the responses above but in my obtuseness I'm just not understanding how. Isn't the size filter going to block all posts under the threshold size regardless of what other filters are set?
iguana

Postby iguana » Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:57 pm

I should add here that I am talking about using the filters in the 'filter preferences' menus, not the ones in the 'filter bar' as I'd like to make this work during automatic download.
iguana

Return to Regular Expressions