Ex Newsleecher User - Is it possible to open files instead?

This is the place for people switching to Newsbin from other newsreaders, or for people evaluating Newsbin who are already experienced Usenet users. If your old newsreader had a feature you liked that Newsbin doesn't, tell us about it.
Forum rules
- No discussion of specific content found on Usenet.
- Be nice to others. Trolls and Flamers will be banned at our discretion
- No advertising for other newsreaders, products, or services.

Ex Newsleecher User - Is it possible to open files instead?

Postby m404 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 pm

I am pretty happy with the product so far, and am trying out RC2. Having come from Newsleecher I have a couple questions -

Are articles marked old when the latest headers are downloaded? I turned off the Mark as Old when added to list option, because it seemed like I kept getting lost on myself.

Is there a way to directly open attachments from the browsing interface as opposed to having to download each one and see it from the files list?

Is there a way to default to all New headers in the view instead of the past couple days and then having to select the current Month and hide old?

I appreciate the help. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Image link not allowed for unregistered users
m404
n00b
n00b

Re: Ex Newsleecher User - Is it possible to open files inste

Postby Quade » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 am

1- Unless you have "Auto-Mark Old" checked, it'll never mark the posts old. It's either automatic, with that setting or a manual process. They get marked old after the group is loaded.

2 - There's no mechanism for this.

3 - The "Display Age" determines how far back in time it load. You could set it to 1 or 2 days. You can override the loading too by "Loading Special" if you want to see more.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Ex Newsleecher User - Is it possible to open files inste

Postby m404 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
m404
n00b
n00b

Return to Immigrants from other Newsreaders