"Download to New Folder" Dialog

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

"Download to New Folder" Dialog

Postby mjpierce » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Not sure if this an issue or a feature request.
I'm running 6.80B7 in win 7 32bit but it has been this way for several releases.

If I try to "Download to New Folder" on something, navigate to where my NZB is via the Dialog, and click on the NZB file
the "File name:" comes up the the NZB file but no '.nzb' extension. This leads to the download path being 'abc.nzb' instead of 'abc' which is not valid.

Is there any way to include the file extension in the "File name:" box so it can be removed by the user?
mjpierce
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/29/06

Re: "Download to New Folder" Dialog

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 am

So you

1 - Load the NZB
2 - Then use download new folder on the loaded files
3 - Pick the NZB again that you already loaded.
4 - Want the download path to be the NZB Filename + the NZB Extension.

Is the desire for the NZB extension the reason you don't use "$(NZBFILE)" in the main download path?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby mjpierce » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Sorry, I do not want the NZB file extension but can not seem to get rid of it in the save to folder dialog.

I don't use any kind of preset because I rarely do this.

Probably what I want is:
In a save to folder dialog if an existing file is select, put up the file name + extension so nothing (the extension) is hidden from the user.
mjpierce
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/29/06

Postby Quade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 pm

If I try to "Download to New Folder" on something, navigate to where my NZB is via the Dialog, and click on the NZB file
the "File name:" comes up the the NZB file but no '.nzb' extension. This leads to the download path being 'abc.nzb' instead of 'abc' which is not valid.

1 - I have no idea why you're picking an NZB when you're using "Download to New Folder".

2 - As an experiment, I took a list of posts, right clicked "Download to New Folder" then picked an NZB, then backspaced over the ".nzb" part then said OK. It's now downloading to a folder named for the NZB minus the extension.

If you're trying to load the NZB to download from the "Download to New Folder" window, you're going about this the wrong way.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support