watch topic refresh

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

watch topic refresh

Postby rh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 am

Ok, so I've been doing the watch topic thing most of this year and it works really well - as long as I leave the machine running. But that's the idea.

Here's my question: If the machine has been down for a few days, how do I catch up (the Watch Topic) without having to go through the old download headers thing I used to do? When I started NB, shortly after that the Periodic Search ran and pulled 3 new items. In a weeks time I'd expect more than that. I tried rescan topic but that just reported 8 hits and nothing new showed up in the list.

For rescan topic I just chose * for Pick Topic and 5 days.
rh
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/27/04

Re: watch topic refresh

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 am

Is it a wildcard search or are you searching for specific things?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: watch topic refresh

Postby rh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 pm

The Watch topic "Search For" is *
The "Filter Profile" is Favorites
Search Interval is 240 minutes

Where Favorites is the same profile I used when downloading headers in the past.

So I'm looking for a way to say do that - but for the last 5 days. Since the system has been down and not doing it every 240 minutes - for the last 5 days. I think I was told but forgot how long back it searches by default. Maybe 24 hours. That would seem right since the filter profile showed 4 matches after I brought the system back up and NB kicked off the initial search to begin the next 240 minute cycle.
rh
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/27/04

Return to V6 Technical Support