Download Paths

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download Paths

Postby rozel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

At this time of year I download quite a few albums but I have never mastered how you get the albums to download in separate folders - I tend to end up with 5 track 1's, 5 track 2's, 5 track 3's etc etc

I know there must be a way. When I right click on the main download group in the Downloading Files screen you can of course change the Unrar path. But this changes every download group to the set path.

Can some kind person talk me through what I need to do to ensure each download group (resulting from an nzb file) can be set to Unrar to it's own distinct folder inside the main folder I've set in Options / Setup.

This has bothered me for years and never thought to ask until now.

Your help would be marvellously appreciated

roz
rozel
n00b
n00b

Re: Download Paths

Postby rozel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:39 am

Anyone please?
rozel
n00b
n00b

Postby Andy_Carr » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi rozel

If you are using headers select all the files for the post that you want right click and choose Download To New Folder. Name the folder whatever you require and all the headers will go to that folder.
Andy_Carr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:58 pm

There's the unrar path and the download path. It uses the unrar path when you either use RARS or when repair kicks in on non-RARS.

1 - If you were to use "Download to New Folder" and then edit the path to be what you want it'll download to that path. If you don't want unrar/repair to then move the files, leave the unrar path blank.

2 - Another option is to "Download to New Folder" then in the unrar path put $(LASTPATH) at the end. "X:\UnRAR\$(LASTPATH)\". This will take the last part of the download path and add it to the unrar path.

In both cases I'm suggesting you mark all the files you want to download in one group, then right click "Download to New Path". You could also right click and "Download to Folder Named for Subject". It's about the same thing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support