Search

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Search

Postby IdontexistM8 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

I really like the search function and I'm aware from the MOTD there's been some subtle changes, are any others specifically planned for V6?

Also while I'm here, is there a full list of the groups covered by the internet search? I've never located one, the help page(s) just say 'most' binary groups.

I'd quite like to see some of the larger/popular picture groups included, although I admit they are relatively easy to search after downloading headers as they don't take a long time to do so.
"Nice to see binaries, to see binaries....Nice!!"
IdontexistM8
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/03/04

Re: Search

Postby dexter » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

IdontexistM8 wrote:I really like the search function and I'm aware from the MOTD there's been some subtle changes, are any others specifically planned for V6?

Two possibilities we're considering:

1) Include Poster in search
2) Allow to get next 2000 matches when you hit max of initial 2000 matches

IdontexistM8 wrote:Also while I'm here, is there a full list of the groups covered by the internet search? I've never located one, the help page(s) just say 'most' binary groups.

I'd quite like to see some of the larger/popular picture groups included, although I admit they are relatively easy to search after downloading headers as they don't take a long time to do so.

Go in the Add Groups window in Newsbin, sort on Post Count, and the top 2000 binaries groups (minus the picture groups) are what we are indexing. I'll consider putting a list up somewhere. We still have no plans to index the picture groups. It would double the size of our database (at least) to include them.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support