Will V6 be a free upgrade?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Will V6 be a free upgrade?

Postby Goattee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 am

Before I spend time testing version 6, I'm wondering whether there will be an upgrade fee when it comes out of beta if I already am a paid user?
Goattee
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/09

Re: Will V6 be a free upgrade?

Postby KilJaden » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 am

All future releases are free for paid customers , so you get the upgrade to build 6 for free.
Once you bought Newsbin you can use whatever version you like for as long as you like since it's a lifetime subscription .
KilJaden
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/17/09

Postby Goattee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 am

Cool. I watched the UI video and it looks like a big leap forward. I guess I will copy the current program directory and give the beta a whirl.
Goattee
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/09

Postby Innuendo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 pm

KilJaden wrote:All future releases are free for paid customers , so you get the upgrade to build 6 for free.
Once you bought Newsbin you can use whatever version you like for as long as you like since it's a lifetime subscription .

And I think that this is the ideal place to state that Quade & Dexter truly rock mightily for having such an upgrade policy.
Innuendo
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/13/05

Postby nethead » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:17 am

Wanted to chime in and say NewsBin Pro is GREAT!

I've been using NewsBin Pro for a number of years now and nothing compares. And it keeps getting better. (Even if the version changes make things work different, you soon get use to them and think, this is Great. Not a dig, but a compliment)

Also they are great at getting out bug fixes; and by being a paying customer you get to try out the lastest beta builds, great for those whom like the cutting edge. :D

Thanks Guys!
nethead
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/25/06

Return to V6 Technical Support