Only picking up first of several episodes of a tv show?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Only picking up first of several episodes of a tv show?

Postby thefatdude » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 am

Not sure if its an actual bug, or some setting I have inadvertently set. Anyway, putting this out there before I fall asleep and forget all about it. But using beta 2, I dropped in several nzbs to my auto load nzb dir. Of them last 3 episodes of a tv series, and the other were the last two episodes of a diff tv series. But strangely, newsbin only downloaded the first video of each tv series only. The other episode(s) that it skipped, it did download the sfv files and nfo files, but not the main video file. I might try to reproduce the problem tomorrow or monday when I have time (with totally new episodes). There was nothing in failed list etc.

Oh, by the way, I was able to double click and select the video to download, but won't check till tomorrow to see if they succeeded.
win 7 x64 ultimate
q6600 @ 3.2ghz w/8gb ram
thefatdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/27/09

Re: Only picking up first of several episodes of a tv show?

Postby DThor » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 am

There's nothing known that would particularly cause something like this, but then reproducibility is the only way to do much about this anyway. Certainly many of us have been using the auto download directory without issues. The actual content is a red herring inasmuch as to episodic material, please remember there's no specific discussion of content here, though.
Check the logging tab for any clues, verify there's no encrypted rars in there, and of course that you haven't inadvertently downloaded it before and signature match is on. Did it clear out the download tab? With the latest, if anything it tends to leave things there if it's having troubles.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: Only picking up first of several episodes of a tv show?

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

I have a feeling this is the known B2 issue with downloading files that includes the NFO and SFV in the PAR set.

As an experiment, you could pause Newsbin, do the autoload thing, then delete all the little text files from the download list, then unpause and see if it works. I suspect it will.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support