All multipart downloads set to pause.

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

All multipart downloads set to pause.

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 pm

After restarting my system for an upgrade and restarting newsbin. I found all the parts of the multipart downloads set to pause. I had to go through each one and do a resume download to get them to start again.
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/25/09

Re: All multipart downloads set to pause.

Postby itimpi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

The normal behavior is that all parts except for the small par2 file are paused. When that has been (re)downloaded successfully then the other files should be unpaused. Are you saying that even the small par2 file was paused?
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 pm

itimpi wrote:The normal behavior is that all parts except for the small par2 file are paused. When that has been (re)downloaded successfully then the other files should be unpaused. Are you saying that even the small par2 file was paused?

The only part that was not paused was the small par2 and that was already downloaded. The rest of the parts were pause in all multipart compressed download lists. I only noticed this because downloads had stopped completely.
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby itimpi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:36 pm

daguenet wrote:
itimpi wrote:The normal behavior is that all parts except for the small par2 file are paused. When that has been (re)downloaded successfully then the other files should be unpaused. Are you saying that even the small par2 file was paused?

The only part that was not paused was the small par2 and that was already downloaded. The rest of the parts were pause in all multipart compressed download lists. I only noticed this because downloads had stopped completely.

Hmm - if the small par2 was downloaded then the others should have been un-paused.

The problem will be to find a way of replicating this so that Quade can investigate further.

Just a thought - when you get a sensible chance you might want to delete the downloads.db3 and autopar2.db3 files in the newsbin data folder just in case one of them being damaged is the cause. However as doing so loses the contents of the current lists chose the moment to do so with care :)
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks for the warning
OK I'll stop the auto updates and do that when the download list is empty or at least almost empty.

One other thing I just remembered. I did tell newsbin to pause and it stop running so I could clean up a few of the .par2 files that were downloaded, but had never cleaned thing up. So that might have something to do with it. I have upgraded to B5 now and when I restarted it this did not happen.
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support