Search Results always grouped?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Search Results always grouped?

Postby Alex Atkin UK » Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I cannot seem to find a way to ungroup search results. I tried right click, Expand search results, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I was wanting to browse the list of files because there were some missing files which sometimes means they ARE in the search result but failed to download correctly, forcing a re-download of those files sometimes helps. However I cannot tell if they are even in the result as I cannot browse the files in the set at all.

I am running 6.0b12 B924 on Wine 1.3.18.
Alex Atkin UK
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/12/06

Re: Search Results always grouped?

Postby Quade » Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 pm

I suppose the problem could be Wine. You don't see an arrow on the left most column? In windows, there's an arrow you click to make it expand in place.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Alex Atkin UK » Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

I did wonder as yes I see the arrow and it works by double clicking on it in the download list but not in the search results pane, it just adds it to the download list. Just wanted to ask in case it was a known bug in Newsbin rather than Wine.

Other than that 6 seems to work a lot better than 5 in Wine, none of the crashes I used to get if I tried running it under a full window manager.
Alex Atkin UK
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Tue May 03, 2011 7:19 am

Single click on the icon should expand it. It does have to be in the first column though. So, if you've changed the column order you might want to make the subject the first column again.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Alex Atkin UK » Tue May 03, 2011 7:27 am

Well in Wine it definitely only works by double clicking on it in the download list and not at all in the search list. :(

Just tried reinstalling with the reset GUI option which sadly made no difference either.
Alex Atkin UK
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby DThor » Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 am

Yeah, it's a wine issue, been that way since the new GUI. AFAIK only the download list lets you expand. Once v6 gets out of beta, might be worth logging this with the winehq guys.

Quade's normally pretty good about taking a look at stuff like this, in fact sometimes anomalies in wine like this are indicative of a subtle problem already there in the main code and it can be useful to at least quickly try and track down, but most of the time, the blame lies with wine. Essentially, if it works properly on windows, then it's doing it's job. It's up to wine to keep up.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Return to V6 Technical Support