wrong "size of data waiting to download..."

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

wrong "size of data waiting to download..."

Postby wonderwhy » Tue May 17, 2011 5:15 am

I am using version 6.b11 build 918.
With about 8 posts totalling about 8 GB on the download list, I added a dozen posts each sized about 200 KB and the "size of data waiting to download..." went up to about 7000 TB (yes, 7000 TB). As each newly added file was downloaded that number decreased until all were done and the "size of data waiting to download..." went back to being correct.

Each of these new files were jpg and as each was downloaded the size column showed something like this "392.1 KB/196.0KB[01]" - that is the left number was just twice the actual size of the post. It is to be noted that this group also had other posts (about the same date) that used the same filenames, but did not have the same file sizes. I had previously downloaded all of these files into the same folder and had to redo the downloads when the associated PARs revealed the differences. I deleted the files and downloaded the corresponding files into separate folders.

I can't say that I have noticed this before. Is this a known problem?
wonderwhy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: wrong "size of data waiting to download..."

Postby Quade » Tue May 17, 2011 8:27 am

B11 has been superseded. Try again with B14 and let me know if you see the same thing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support