CTRL-G Hotkey for Downloading Headers gone?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

CTRL-G Hotkey for Downloading Headers gone?

Postby aionon » Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 pm

My apologies if this is a duplicate post or known issue. I use, or at least I used to until the more recent betas of v6, to use CTRL-G to download the latest headers. That appears to have disappeared now, and I am left with have to work through the menus or mouse clicks. Hopefully is just an error or something, and it will make it's way back?

Thanks,

Aionon
aionon
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/08/03

Re: CTRL-G Hotkey for Downloading Headers gone?

Postby Quade » Thu May 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Ctrl-G was only supposed to update the currently selected groups, not all of them. That's what was fixed. You can re-hook it back up again by using the customization features. On the right side of the toolbar, there's a downarrow looking thing. Click it and then select "Customize" and "Keyboard". You can then assign commands to shortcuts.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby aionon » Sat May 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Excellent, yes that did it... though I'm not sure I followed the explanation of why it no longer worked. Your post indicates some issue with it downloading all group headers, but that isn't what mine had been doing. I would select the groups I wanted, hit CTRL-G, and it would download headers for those groups only... that was what stopped working... oddly when I went to customize, and add it to "Download Latest" under the "Groups" category, it indicated it was already assigned... I wonder if perhaps it had gotten out of wack, and by resetting it manually it got put back in... otherwise, I have no idea what CTRL-G was doing before I reassigned it, it didn't seem to do anything.

In either case, it's doing what I want it to now, so thanks!

Aionon
aionon
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/08/03

Postby Quade » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 pm

You probably just needed to delete "workspace.xml" then.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support