Sort by Status Still Not Quite Right

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Sort by Status Still Not Quite Right

Postby ciaraldi » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 pm

This is for RC3 build 998.

When I click on the Status column the posts re-sort. The ones marked "Idle/New" appear together, but only those where, all the way on the left edge of the window, is the blue circle with the check mark in it, indicating they are queued for downloading. So far so good, although it would be clearer if their text status updated to "Pending" like in Version 5.

After that come the posts marked "Idle/New" but with the empty blue circle, indicating that they are not in the download queue. But mixed in with that group are the posts marked "Downloaded" -- these show the little green document icon indicating they have been downloaded.

Just thought you should know...
ciaraldi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/16/09

Re: Sort by Status Still Not Quite Right

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Yeah I know. The problem is, status is generated dynamically and I haven't figured out how to sort on the dynamic data. Basically it's just sorting on a simplified subset right now.

It's still on my todo list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Sort by Status Still Not Quite Right

Postby ciaraldi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks, Quade. I only mentioned it because sorting was listed as something that was being worked on, and behavior seemed to have changed with the newest build. Keep up the great work -- it's appreciated!
ciaraldi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/16/09

Return to V6 Technical Support