Unable to view NBA file (2)

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Unable to view NBA file (2)

Postby EVE2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:04 am

I there, I use the RC3

After downloading a special package, the package contain Par files and xtm files (split)
The final result was some nb2 files and a big nba files (.nba)

I try to found what it is and I found this topic

Unable to view NBA file
Postby aussiedean ยป Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 am
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help please. I'm slowing learning to understand all these different formats but this one has me stumped. There is one file in the list that I have downloaded that ends with .nba. There are others about twenty of them that end like this (s05e01.mp4.014) There is also a par2 file which I have double clicked and it says all files are correct, yet when I open the main nba file either double clicking or try to unpack it doesn't open.
I have a trial of Nero backit up installed and haven't been able to open with that either, am I missing something here? Nero has a message come up about opening the last part of your backup.

At the end, Aussidean talk about password, but mine not, the nba file was the result NB extract or joins file

After decide to download again the package, I diseable autorar, at the end, I use Xtremsplit to join the files and the final result was than i suppose to receive

I know, the V6 was in beta, but i think he have a bug when he try to join xtm file

NB If you want try, search for 7CM5489
EVE2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/13/09

Re: Unable to view NBA file (2)

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 am

If you see an NBA file, the join failed. Maybe you ran out of disk space during the join. The NBA file is a temporary file that's used during joining, then it's renamed to the real file.

NBA = "Newsbin assembly". If you don't have the .001.xtm.... files lift, you'll need to re-download. The PAR files won't help you with the output files. That's one reason XTM is such a brain dead method. Using QuickPar to split is a much better method because the par covers the final output file.

If you want to PM me the subject and group, I can look at it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support