Serveral possible bugs in 6.00 RC3&4

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Serveral possible bugs in 6.00 RC3&4

Postby farmwald » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Problem 1:
I start a download (from search, if it matters), let it go for a while and then move it to the bottom (to let something else finish). When newsbin tries to "restart" the download or if I move it back to the top, it fails saying duplicates were detected. Now I can't figure out how to finish the download with re-downloading everything from the beginning (i.e. bypass filters).

Problem 2:
In the logging window, Newsbin will report "NNTPSocket news.giganews.com ..." when it is actually downloading from astraweb.com. astraweb is the primary and giganews is the backup (fill) server. I believe that as soon as a fill server is used, it continues to (incorrectly) report the fill server as being used.

Problem 3:
AutoPAR Options: Add a path prefix is always adding "Newsbin Download" as the path prefix - it used to (v5) use the post name as folder name. It's possible I don't understand the point or proper usage of the new commands.
farmwald
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Serveral possible bugs in 6.00 RC3&4

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm

#1, if you re-add the download with bypass filters and it detects existing files in the folder, it won't re-download these files. Did you restart in between moving it to the bottom and it getting filtered out with a signature match?

#2 - I might have seen this. I'll check it out. How do you know it's not downloading from giga?

For #3, where are you downloading too? If you downloaded to folders named for the subject then, the subject would be prefixed. Sounds like you're downloading to the "Newsbin Download" folder and "Newsbin Download" is what's being used for the prefix.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quade » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:02 am

Found #2 thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby farmwald » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 am

> Did you restart in between moving it to the bottom and it getting filtered out with a signature match?

I believe I did restart. It's really messed up now - trying to re-download parts (adding "-(0001)" to the files) & taking forever (although that may be a problem with astraweb).

I can't seem to <del>, or <move-to-bottom> individual parts of a post? <Pause> seems to work.

Manipulating parts of a post while downloading is not very intuitive and/or missing some options.

Re Autopar & #3 - I get it now. Thanks.

> How do you know it's not downloading from giga?
My router tells where all streams are going (both endpoints and bandwidth).
farmwald
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support