Which Download is Downloading

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Which Download is Downloading

Postby Ribble » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm

The file set at the top of the Download Descriptions many times doesn't update, while file sets below are updating.

Even after breaking out individual files and seeing no reason, they still do not update.

Moving a file set to the top of the list (even if it is already at the top) starts that file set downloading again.

I'm the one with the slow 1.0 Mbps DSL connection and look for the Size increases of the downloading file set. If the downloading blocks are large (50 MB) it could take several minutes to see what is actually downloading. And breaking out file sets takes a lot of scrolling even on a 1920x1200 LCD.

Appears to be only file sets that hang up, not lone files.

"Current Progress" block color changes for file sets would be nice, as happens with single files.

QUADE: I've learned a lot from you. Thanks for your prompt responses, even if you can not duplicate what I see or understand my jargon.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/04/09

Re: Which Download is Downloading

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Do you see any black or red blocks when you expand them out? You could select one, right click and "Assemble incompletes". The files should turn gray, any partial files should assemble and any needed PARS should download.

Did you disable autoassemble as I'd suggested before? If you did, you'll have to manual "Assemble Incomplete" incomplete files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Ribble » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Since I posted, there is a file set at the top which is not downloading. The one below it is downloading.

Running on auto and did not disable autoassemble.

First line pre-expand, says Size "3.8 MB/2.07 GB", Status "[20 files, 9 pars] D:1 DL:20 In:0 P:8 R:0", Current Progress solid white.

The stalled file set has 20 RAR's (~101.946 KB each), part01.rar and part02.rar show the first block of each light green, all Status "Downloading". Current Progress solid white blocks.

The par2 (56kB) is one long block, light green in Current Progress graph, Status "Downloaded".

There are eight "volxxx+xxx.par2" correction files, all Status "Paused", Current Progress solid white.

"some shit" is only filename in a new folder created by "some shit" from Binsearch, a.b.movies.divx (?). It does not appear in Subject: pane.

The file set came to the top of the Download List when file sets above it completed downloading.

Appears to be typical of other stalled file sets, except others usually downloaded many complete RAR's, some gray, some light green and last four rar's typically 4, 1, 1, 1 blocks light green.

Will let it sit like this while I watch another movie for a few hours.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 pm

The stalled file set has 20 RAR's (~101.946 KB each), part01.rar and part02.rar show the first block of each light green, all Status "Downloading". Current Progress solid white blocks.

Well, this tells you Newsbin's not been able to download the first chunk of each file. So, the rest of the files haven't even been attempted yet. The fact it hasn't attempted the rest of the posts might be a problem. Essentially it's not downloading because Newsbin can't get the first chunk of each file. It's not failed yet though, according to the colors.

Don't mention what you download in the forum. If you want to tell me, PM me. Don't post it here.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Ribble » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 am

I edited the .NZB file to download only Part02.rar under a new name and it downloaded that fine into a new folder and my new filename.rar, so files are probably OK. No retries and no errors. Then Newsbin skipped the failed file set again and continued downloading the file set following it.

Using four connections, I think at least the first four .rar parts should have been tried on original file set. Probably all parts should have been tested.

Left of Download Description of the failed file set has a yellow checkmark in a blue circle.

Next step is to force the failed file set to the top (even though it is already at the top). This always started stalled file sets before.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Ribble » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:46 am

OK, Newsbin had auto-downloaded and auto-decoded two later file sets when I clicked "Move Item to the Top" on the stalled file set and the stalled file began downloading normally.
Ribble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support