Can I set pause on low disk space?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Can I set pause on low disk space?

Postby squib308 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:33 am

It seems like I could at one point in 5.x, and I have two entries in my .nbi file that might be relevant -

DiskThreshold=0
and
MinFreeSpace=512

However I recall running into a low-disk-space condition a couple of weeks ago with 5.x, as in, a few megabytes free left on my auto-download drive, so I don't know that it worked in 5.x. Well, it could be the diskthreshold= line, which I don't have a good value for right now, I'm guessing, and don't know if thats bytes, megabytes, kilobytes, octobits, or septkookles, or whatever. (question mark) Nor am I sure what the value for MinFreeSpace is supposed to be in, I think I was thinking megabytes, but heck, it could be bytes-bytes, in which case my previous 512 would be a bit.. low.

So which, if either, of these values will set the pause on low space thing, and what should the values be in. ie. Do I need to put 512, 512,000, or 512,000,000, or 'other', or even delete them both and do something else?

Thanks
b

PS. No idea where i got those lines if they're non-standard, I would assume from reading something on one of these forums, but maybe I just made them up, and thought I read them someplace. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. (!)
squib308
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/07

Re: Can I set pause on low disk space?

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:30 am

I'll have to look the setting up. I'll try to post about it later today.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support