Download List reappears while NewsBinV6 is minimized

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download List reappears while NewsBinV6 is minimized

Postby cdn_glenn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

I usually minimize NewsBin while downloading. While downloading in V6 the Download List reappears full-screen ... while everything else stays minimized. If I maximize and minimize the list disappears for a few moments, then returns. I've roughly tried to recreate the V5 layout with the Download List, Failed, Files, Connections, Thumbs, etc. along the bottom. I've tried this with the layout locked and unlocked. Is there a way to clear this?

Also, I'm having real difficulty getting comfortable with the new interface. I would really like to get back to the V5 layout. Biggest concern is that when using Dockable layout the individual group #alt.binaries.groupname docks behind the bottom section with the V5-style download list. I have the switch the panel to Floating to see it all. If I re-size it's only good for that session. And I end up closing everything (to find it) if I open an additional group.
cdn_glenn
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/31/06

Re: Download List reappears while NewsBinV6 is minimized

Postby Quade » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

- I'd delete the "Workspace.xml" which will reset the GUI to square one.

- If you hide the search tab, the posts lists won't show up correctly. After reseting the gui, leave the search tab in place and things should be more normal.

No clue on the download list thing. I think a reset's the way to clear the deck on this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dexter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 pm

cdn_glenn wrote:I would really like to get back to the V5 layout.

I did one for V4. I'll try to get one together for V5 soon. In the mean time, this might give you some guidance in how to move things around:

dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby cdn_glenn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Quade and Dex!

Deleting the "Workspace.xml" got me back to square one. I think I almost immediately deleted the Search tab. I understand and respect that you bundle the internet search with the program, but since I don't subscribe I (immediately) deleted it. I read a few other posts where others had issues after deleting the Search tab. Perhaps you could lock it in some way?

And now that I'm back at square one I'll work with the intended format. BTW: Now I like it! I had watched the videos in last couple of days, but with the Search tab deleted, no action would make things any better.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
cdn_glenn
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/31/06

Return to V6 Technical Support