'refresh' post list difference

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

'refresh' post list difference

Postby squib308 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 am

I am noticing that, unlike v5 which remembered some date range, that v6, when you hit the 'refresh' (post list) button will ask you for a date range, and the start and end dates are both today, which it complains about if you just hit 'ok'. V5 it remembered some number of days in the past, maybe the same as display age, or maybe the same as the last time you hit 'refresh post list', so that you could hit 'refresh' 'ok' and be done with it. With v6 you have to go select a date which is kinda annoying.

Not a big deal, but perhaps something for that 'todo' list. :)

B

PS. Are the posts supposed to show up automatically? I've always had to refresh the post list in order to get the new ones displayed...It seems like sometimes some of the new posts get displayed, and on v5 they'd be at the bottom of the post list (whereas I sort the post list so that the newest is at the top), and refreshing would load any missing ones, as well as resort the list, so the new ones were properly at the top. Course, resorting huge post lists or refreshing on v5 was sometimes...s.l.o.w. (or applying a filter) But I don't have a fast computer, so..
squib308
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/07

Re: 'refresh' post list difference

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

6.01 has a fix for newly downloaded headers not always showing up in an open post list. I might give that one a try. In 6.0, any failure to load a post would stop the process. In 6.01, it just moves on and tried the next one. Have you considered using one of the drop downs items to refresh instead of the button? I typically drop down, select "Display age" and it re-loads the current display age.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support