Sized based shading/post list

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Sized based shading/post list

Postby squib308 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:06 am

Hey, I notice NB still has sized based shading in the post list for the 'size' column - ie. there are 'normal' posts, then a little darker grey are somewhat bigger posts, and then darker still are even bigger posts, and so forth.

Is there any way (or chance of having it coded) to do that for the whole line? when you have the screen wide enough to see the whole post topic, the sizes are way over to the right, and its not always quick to match up the post topic with the size.. So if the whole line, say for a normal new post was light green, you could have the next larger file sized line be a little darker green, and then the next larger sized files be yet a darker green, and so forth. This would help me, and I'd imagine others as well. It seems like it was like that for v5, but I could be mistaken. But it _should be like that in any case :).

I'd do a mock up display, but it doesn't look like you can attach files to messages here, so you'll just have to imagine it in your head. The green subjects shaded similar to the file size, with darker green being larger files.

B

PS. Heck, if you could even control the file size breaks in the .nbi file, that would be...probably overkill. But someone would find it useful, to be sure.
squib308
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/07

Return to V6 Technical Support