I just closed NB and then resarted it

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

I just closed NB and then resarted it

Postby T_llguy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Everything was there except the tabs for groups I'm interested in. So each time I close NB I have to choose show posts for the groups I want? Then I have to make it dockable and then dock it for each group? WTF why wouldn't it remember the show posts I have open too? How do I go back to 5.59?
T_llguy
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/06/04

Re: I just closed NB and then resarted it

Postby itimpi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:28 pm

It sounds as if you may have hidden the Search tab? You need to keep it visible as it is this that is used a the anchor for Post lists.

If you want to back to 5.59 simply reinstall it. However download lists and downloaded headers are not backwards compatible so would be lost.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Re: I just closed NB and then resarted it

Postby T_llguy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 pm

itimpi wrote:It sounds as if you may have hidden the Search tab? You need to keep it visible as it is this that is used a the anchor for Post lists.

If you want to back to 5.59 simply reinstall it. However download lists and downloaded headers are not backwards compatible so would be lost.

A tab I don't use has to be open for what reason? Realestate is hard to come by on a laptop and having more tabs open that I need is annoying to me. So this tab has to be open and then magically the program will work as expected, then why was tab made so it can't be shut down as it's the only thing that makes the program work as expected but you can still close it? WOW. Running back to 5.59 turning of MOTD and I'll go from there.
T_llguy
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/06/04

Return to V6 Technical Support