Cannot transfer individual rar files to the Wish List

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Cannot transfer individual rar files to the Wish List

Postby Exocet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 am

In a previous version of NewsBin Pro, I was able to load a set of rar files from a NZB and then transfer individual rar files from the Download List to the Scratch List. This was useful if I wanted to sample a binary upload by downloading the first few rars and assembling an incomplete set before moving the remaining rars back to the download list to complete the set.

In Version 6.0.00, when I expand the download list of rar files and attempt to move some of them to the Wish List, the entire set of files moves. When I try to move some of the files back to the Download List, they all move back. Am I overlooking this feature in this version or has this feature been added to a later Beta release?
Last edited by Exocet on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/29/11

Re: Cannot transfer individual rar files to the Wish List

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 am

That's pretty much how it works.

How about letting a couple RARs download, then pause the download while you examine the sample? Then unpause or delete? Saves you from having to move back and forth through the tabs.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Exocet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:28 am

Quade: Thanks for your suggestion. I’ll give it a try. Maybe you CAN teach an old dog new tricks:-)
Exocet
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/29/11

Postby mho » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Quade wrote:How about letting a couple RARs download, then pause the download while you examine the sample? Then unpause or delete? Saves you from having to move back and forth through the tabs.

Possible drawback: Say you want to sample ten files? Kinda makes you have to babysit newsbin instead of just queueing stuff up and check it, later.

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:02 pm

If you queue them from the post list, you can do that. Open it up and queue a couple rars. I can look into permitting that from wish and failed but, you can't do it now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support