Changing Download List Order

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Changing Download List Order

Postby Marcb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi

I wonder if there is a way to change the order of download of parts within a post. I normally work direct from nzb's; when I expand a post within the download list to expand the individual files (e.g., .rar, .01 .. .par etc.), the Move Up and Move Down controls don't seem to work on the individual files like they used to in V5.

I'm trying to do this to get the .par's to the top of the list .. most of what I pull is v old and having the pars tells me how many missing posts/parts I can tolerate rather than have to download the entire post to find I am a couple of recovery blocks short. I can sort of get round the problem by pausing all parts but the .pars but figure the up/down arrows should work.

Cheers
Marcb
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/17/11

Re: Changing Download List Order

Postby Quade » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah, no way in 6. You can pause the files and unpause the RARS. That might work. You can also load the NZB into the post list and just add the pars to the download by themselves (by expanding and only selecting the pars).

I'm not really clear what you're doing though. You trying to figure out how many par blocks you can actually download?

I have an NZB checker in the works which will tell you directly how much of the NZB can be downloaded.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Changing Download List Order

Postby Marcb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah, thanks for the response - even though it is not what I wanted to hear. I guess loading via the post list is the way to go. So thanks for the tip.

To be clear, I get the .pars first coz then I know how many recovery blocks I have. Since most of my pulls are v large, once I know how mahy recovery blocks I have, I can monitor the rest of the pull and manually check against the pars. If I only have 80 recovery blocks in pars and I know I have 90 missing blocks, there is not much point pulling the rest of the post.

Since most of what I pull is close on 1000 days stale, missing parts is a big problem - even with a fill server or two.

Many thanks
Marcb
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/17/11

Return to V6 Technical Support