Newsbin not downloading all files in set

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Newsbin not downloading all files in set

Postby mojo-chan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:36 pm

I have a problem where I am trying to download a set of RARs from an NZB. Newsbin correctly groups them and I added the whole lot (including PARs) to the download list, approximately 7GB, by clicking on the single merged entry.

After a few hours downloading Newsbin shows all files as having been fetched, but about 75% of them were not decoded into actual files. I don't know where the data has gone - it downloaded, but isn't in the cache or output to RAR files. Newsbin downloaded all the PARs too, presumably because it noticed that not all RARs were available.

There is nothing wrong with the download - if I add each file manually Newsbin will re-download and save them out, and they verify OK with Quickpar. Obviously this is quite bad because the data was fetched and came out of my paid download limit, but was then lost somehow. Never had this issue with V5. I am using the x64 version on Windows 7, with Microsoft Security Essentials installed but not actively scanning (I manually scan via he context menu as needed). The RAR files contain a video if it makes any difference.
mojo-chan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/11/06

Re: Newsbin not downloading all files in set

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=29020

Try the autoassemble time tweek. See if it changes the symptoms. Make sure you're running 6.10RC2 too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support