Small files in NZBs failing to download

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Small files in NZBs failing to download

Postby jakew » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 am

I'm getting a lot of red exclamation points when I try to download support files (nfo, m3u, sfv) from an NZB file. For example, I have an NZB containing an NFO file and then some rars and pars that get grouped together. I click the NFO to download it. In Status under the Failed Downloads tab it says:

"HFC:Rejected Global Profile Filter: Filename Filter [title of post (see example below)] 0%: Completed"

For example, the title of a rejected NFO might be:

POSTID37695 - "Some-File_To-Download-G8_www.website.info_.nfo" [02/12] 81,34 MB yEnc

My Global filter has no filename or subject restrictions--the only restrictions are nothing smaller than 10Kb and no more than two crossposts. I've never used any other filter. However that shouldn't matter because under NZB options, the NZB load filter is set to None, and there is no filter enabled in the drop-down at the top for this specific nzb. In options, the Show NFO/PAR box is checked (and it works for normal groups) and the duplicate detector is on (but it doesn't fix this problem if I turn it off).

This is version 6.10, but it also happened in 6.00.

Note that if I right-click and Add to Download List - Bypass Filters, the file will download.
jakew
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/05/03

Re: Small files in NZBs failing to download

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 am

It's probably the 10K size filter. There's an option called "Show PAR/NFO". See if it's checked. If should be checked to make an NFO bypass the filter.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jakew » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:20 am

That option is checked. And they are showing. It's just that they're rejected when I try to download them.

Also, it just did the same thing when I clicked on a rar/par bundle. So maybe it's not just small files.

Could it be something about the titles of these particular posts?
jakew
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby jakew » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:07 am

Jeez! Now the duplicate detector is going crazy--rejecting like one out of 19 rars and all of the pars on a brand new post in a normal group.

Maybe I'll just reinstall 6.10 from scratch and see if it helps.
jakew
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 am

You could turn off the dup checker too. Your specific error "Global Filters" says it's not the dup checker though. Might be worth deleting the filters.db3 file and just re-adding the filter.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support