No files in Download list

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

No files in Download list

Postby taanru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 am

I just upgraded to the new version 6.10 build 1339 and I have a big problem.

If I click on a file to download it never appears in the download list. The file does download, but it never shows on the list, obviously I never see a download progress indicator either. The completed file never shows up in the files list after it is downloaded, but the auto unrar does run on the completed sets of downloaded files. The status bar at the bottom does show download speed, and number of bytes remaining and total number of bytes downloaded, and these update constantly and look correct. The group pane does show the icon for the files as downloading, but those icons never change state unless I high light the post and then the icon on the far left will switch to the downloaded file icon. I did try clearing the filter box for the download list, but that did not change the situation.
I am using the 64 bit version of Newsbin under Windows 7 x64 professional with all the latest M$ updates.

I downloaded the program, installed it as an upgrade and then did an import spool files from version 5.

My questions are two fold. 1) Is there something I can do to fix this? and 2) If not, how do a downgrade back to 5? I did NOT delete my old V5 spool files

Regards
taanru
taanru
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/10/05

Re: No files in Download list

Postby taanru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:38 am

More information
I closed and restarted the program and for the moment it is now working. The files are showing up in the download list as they should.
Regards
taanru
taanru
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/10/05

Re: No files in Download list

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 am

Might be a good idea to download what you have in the list and then delete the downloads.db3 file to let Newsbin reset it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support