Resolver: Unable to open Source Data file ERROR

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Resolver: Unable to open Source Data file ERROR

Postby lancerguy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 pm

I searched first. The other post about this was unresolved. I upgraded from Newsbin 5.5 to Newsbin 6.11. I get this error when I'm downloading stuff: Resolver: Unable to open Source Data file. It works OK, but I get a bunch of these and it's annoying. My display age is 45. Stored Posts is 30 (I know 45 > 30, but I didn't think that matters). Last time I got the error I was using the internet search for a file and when I downloaded it the error popped up. I'm on Win7 64-bit using 64-bit Newsbin.
lancerguy
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/11

Re: Resolver: Unable to open Source Data file ERROR

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm

My display age is 45. Stored Posts is 30 (I know 45 > 30, but I didn't think that matters). Last time I got the error I was using the internet search for a file and when I downloaded it the error popped up. I'm on Win7 64-bit using 64-bit Newsbin.

It's telling you what when you go to add something to the download list, it can't find the data needed to download. I'd set Display Age and Storage Age to be the same in this case. At the very least storage age needs to be longer than your display age. What's probably happening is that posts are loading up and then the data on disk is getting purged so, you see stuff you can't download.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby lancerguy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I posted incorrectly, it gives this error when I hit the search button, every time. There are 5 lines exactly the same. I did go ahead and change the display age to match the storage age limit, they are both 30. That did not solve the issue.

I can hit the ignore until restart, but I was hoping for a way to just clear this up. Is there a database I can delete or something to fix it?
lancerguy
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am

Are you doing local or internet searches? Local searches are about the same as simply loading the group up and using the find box in the post list.

It sounds like you're in local search mode and the files you have listed have already been purged from disk. I'd set the storage age to 45 days, set the download age to 30 days, right click the group, "Post Storage Delete Stored Posts" then re-download the headers from the group with a "Download Latest". Search is different then loading posts though, it ignores "Display Age" so, it'll show you everything it can find and if the data is purged in a subsequent header update, what you see listed may simply can't be downloaded any more.

If this is internet search, it suggest Newsbin can't contact the search server. If you're tying to mix internet with local searches, it's not going to work. You need to do one or the other.

This is likely a simple thing but, you're not really giving me much to work with.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby lancerguy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 pm

I did everything you had listed. It's a Local search. I set the download age to 30, display age to 30, storage age to 45, and I right click Deleted Stored Posts. Then I hit the update button to redownload posts (30 days from first time groups). After it was done I tried again, same result

OK, I just figured it out. There are 22 lines of ERROR, and I have 22 groups in my group list that I don't update, and that don't currently have any posts downloaded in spool, because they are not checkmarked to update automatically. This seems to be the issue in that it is looking for spools for each group but there are no spools for 22 of the groups, thus 22 errors. These are groups that I have slowly been removing but didn't want to delete yet. So that's why it does it! Just so you know.
lancerguy
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for update.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support