Newsbin Paused - Low Disk space in Data Folder

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Newsbin Paused - Low Disk space in Data Folder

Postby SkipGTR » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi all,

I have cloned my old 500Gig 'C drive' onto a 1.5T drive and installed another 1.5T drive for Newsbin to use. When I fire up Newsbin now I constantly get the warning above though there is gigabites of spare capacity on the drives. I have edited the NewsBin file in \appdata\local\newsbin to point to the new location and also changed the Download Folder to the new drive so both are pointing to the same drive but different folders. When I click the Open Data Folder it goes to the correct location on the new drive. Any ideas I will just now re-install version 6.11 which is installed just now to see what happens.

Thanks in advance

Skip
SkipGTR
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/19/05

Re: Newsbin Paused - Low Disk space in Data Folder

Postby SkipGTR » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Quick update I have unistalled completely via control panel add remove programs, got the latest version 6.2 and installed gone through the setup and still get the same warning :(
SkipGTR
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Newsbin justs asks windows "How much free space does this drive have" and windows reports back some number. I'm thinking permissions problem but, by default they should be correct. Honestly, I don't know. Might try moving the configuration file to the new data folder and double-clicking it to start Newsbin (or open with) to see if that makes a difference.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby SkipGTR » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks for that, my bad, For some reason I had only made the partition size 99Meg so yes with what was in there it was saying it was full. Thanks for the quick reply though.
SkipGTR
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support