Can't delete single parts in DL list OR from NZB

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Can't delete single parts in DL list OR from NZB

Postby Arbie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:59 am

Running Win XP Pro with NBP 6.2 Build 1513.

Still having major problems with broken downloads, using Astraweb as Master and Giganews as Fill/Slave.

BUT the reason I'm writing is that in attempting to patch up what I do get, I can't delete single parts from the download list OR from an NZB that I load. Deleting any one part deletes the entire package. So to re-try one PAR file or RAR chunk I would have to re-do the entire package. And I can't move parts up or down in the list, within a package.

We lost the part deletion from the download list some time ago (sad), but at least with 6.2 RC2 I could create an NZB, reload that, and delete parts from it before moving it to the DL list. Now I can't even do that. It is effectively impossible to use NBP to re-try broken sets.

It has become maddeningly difficult to get anything completed, sorry to say. Some of this is certainly due to many parts missing on AW and GN (...of innocuous old-old video stuff, posted in the past 6 months; I can't figure it). But I don't think NBP is working right either.

Thx

Arbie
Arbie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/19/07

Re: Can't delete single parts in DL list OR from NZB

Postby Quade » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 am

Deleting any one part deletes the entire package. So to re-try one PAR file or RAR chunk I would have to re-do the entire package. And I can't move parts up or down in the list, within a package.

1 - If you just add the whole thing back in, it'll only download the files that aren't on disk. The rest, it'll check and just use. This does mean you probably want to delete the damaged files from disk first to force a re-download. You will want to ensure they're going to the same folder as the old files too. If you're seeing it re-download everything, it suggests the NZB sources files aren't going to the same folder as during the initial download.

2 - If you load the NZB using the Load NZB button OR load the post list. Then hit the + to expand the listed items. You can add the files as individual files.

We lost the part deletion from the download list some time ago (sad), but at least with 6.2 RC2 I could create an NZB, reload that, and delete parts from it before moving it to the DL list. Now I can't even do that. It is effectively impossible to use NBP to re-try broken sets.

I use Giga and Astra together and am having no issues so, there might simply be something else going on here. Why are these files failing? What are the symptoms?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support