The case of the disappearing last file

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

The case of the disappearing last file

Postby astrax » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:32 am

Hi, I'm running NB 6.21 build 1534 (64bit, WIN7) right now and one problem keeps reappearing even though I deleted the downloads.db numerous times:

When I have a DL in the list (either loaded by a NZB file, or directly through Firefox and the Binsearch site, or added manually from a group in NB), which consists of a couple of RAR's, usually the last RAR file doesn't load, or what I suspect, downloads and just disappears. The Auto-PAR does not kick in, in any form. This is usually the case with downloads sized 2GB or over.

Then, when I want to manually download that missing last file, same thing: NB downloads the file (if CTRL+Y) and then it disappears, nowhere to be found in any folder - no Auto-PAR, RARs do not extract. If just added to the list (CTRL+E), NB will check and decide it's already been downloaded.

Any ideas?
Thanks and merry Christmas, I guess :)

*edit
sorry, confused Shift and Ctrl keys...
Last edited by astrax on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Re: The case of the disappearing last file

Postby Quade » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:29 am

What's it say in the logging tab? Does the file end up in the failed list?

I'm confused by the description, are you adding sets of files and is the last set disappearing? Or are you adding individual rars?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby astrax » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:03 pm

thanks for the reply. Sorry, I try my best at describing the problem and since german is my first language, some things may sound a bit "different".

I'm trying to download sets (if that's the correct term) of files made up of multiple RAR's. The last RAR is the problem.
Either by a NZB which includes all RAR's and PAR's, or by selecting a post from a group in NB, which also includes RAR's and PAR's. I does not happen when I select single RAR's and the corresponding PAR's.

I'm using the german translation, so the "Logging tab" should be "Überwachung"? I'm not really sure, but there are no messages concerning a failed download. Only when it's regarded as a duplicate.

The file will appear in the "failed tab", but only after it has been downloaded (and disappered) once. Then it's marked as already downloaded/duplicate, when simply added to the DL list again. There's no sign/message of failure the first time it's been downloaded. If it's been added via CTRL+Y it will download, but won't show up anywhere afterwards.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:03 pm

1 - PM me a subject and group of a set of files that does this. I'll try it.

2 - Add a set with pars, let say, 1/2 of it download, then hit the pause button. Now right click the main item and select "Properties". You should get a window that looks a bit like Quickpar.

3 - If you don't see a window that shows a list of files and block counts. Exit and delete the files "Autopar2.db2" then restart Newsbin and try again.

4 - Double-click one of the pars and see if the par lists the files and block counts in Quickpar (I assume you have quickpar installed). If not, I suggest installing it so, you can get an independent test of the PARS.

I'd try that then post back.

We don't want you to post what you download here in the forum. That's why I requested a PM instead.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby astrax » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. Will try it as soon as I find time and a set that causes these problems.
Will PM you when I figured it out.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby astrax » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:26 am

PM sent
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User