Cant create Output

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Cant create Output

Postby DDuck » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello.
I have just formated my drives and reinstalled everything, now i have a problem downloading.
When i try to download i get these messages :
[01:18:09] ERROR - OpenNew - Warning - Can't create Output files:"G:/Destination....."
[01:18:09] ERROR - Finish -Spooler: MemIO Unable to Open file: [82813]-

These come up all the time with a couple of seconds...

I installed version 6.21, i never had this problem before. I have NOD32 av, and tried to uninstall that with the same result. Same when i disable my firewall.

Any ideas ??

Running Win7
DDuck
n00b
n00b

Re: Cant create Output

Postby Quade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Are you sure it's not "G:\"? "G:/" is probably illegal. Are you sure the drive still has the same drive letter as before? Sounds almost like the drive doesn't exist. Maybe It's E: or something now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby DDuck » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Nah its the same, i just wrote the G: in, i just wrote wrong Image link not allowed for unregistered users

It seems like it downloads if i use the default path in newsbin, but it does not create folders, just files.
But when i change downloadpath in settings, it just wont create folders.
DDuck
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Sounds like a permissions problem to me then. When you installed Windows. Windows made sure the user tree is writeable by your user. That's why the default path works. I re-install from time to time and use the same drives and have not had this happen but, I do know what you're probably not the owner any more of the files on the drives you re-connected. Even if the username is the same. It's some weirdness in windows when you re-install. I've had to "take ownership" of some folders in situations like this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby DDuck » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 am

Hello again.
I have now sorted the problem out, and as you said it was permission related Image link not allowed for unregistered users
But i still have a problem, it wont create folders, is there an option for that ? It just throws all files in the new default folder.

It did not create folders when its at defaul either ( c:\user\documents\newsbon)
DDuck
n00b
n00b

Postby DThor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 am

Depends on your expectations. Where were you anticipating they download? You've given no indication what folders you want... there's a whole crapload of options such as in folders named for group, nzb, group of groups, mp3 metadata...

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby dexter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am

DDuck wrote:Hello again.
I have now sorted the problem out, and as you said it was permission related :)
But i still have a problem, it wont create folders, is there an option for that ? It just throws all files in the new default folder.

It did not create folders when its at defaul either ( c:\user\documents\newsbon)

I assume you are wanting folders named after the group the file was downloaded from? There are two places to set this, depending on whether you are downloading from headers or NZB files. Look for Folder Mode options either under Options/Filename Options or Options/NZB Files.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DDuck » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello all.
I not very good at explaining myself in Englis, sorry for that.

Lets say i download ie:
Firefox.nzb, then it used to create a folder named Firefox, and the downloaded file was in that folder.

Now all files i download pile up in the same folder.
DDuck
n00b
n00b

Postby DDuck » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 pm

dexter wrote:
DDuck wrote:Hello again.
I have now sorted the problem out, and as you said it was permission related Image link not allowed for unregistered users

I assume you are wanting folders named after the group the file was downloaded from? There are two places to set this, depending on whether you are downloading from headers or NZB files. Look for Folder Mode options either under Options/Filename Options or Options/NZB Files.

Thanks alot ! That solved my problem Image link not allowed for unregistered users Thanks again.
DDuck
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support