Unable to download posts, please help!

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Unable to download posts, please help!

Postby R3V3Ri3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Hope you are all having a good day.

Newsbin Software: v6.11 B1342
Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Usenet: Newsdemon unlimited

For few months now, I have been experiencing some issues downloading through Newsbin. There are SO many files which when i try to download i get the following error messages:

[19:22:02] HIGH NNTPSocket - Socket HandleError - Server: europe-ssl.newsdemon.com SendCommand - Server Reports that a Post isn't on the server: 430 No Such Article
[19:22:02] HIGH NNTPSocket - Socket HandleError - Server: europe-ssl.newsdemon.com SendCommand - Server Reports that a Post isn't on the server: 430 No Such Article
[19:22:02] HIGH Download Engine NewsDemon - INT_OpenItem -DL_DI - Failed to retrieve Article from Server::NewsDemon

I have pretty much exhausted everything out of my "try this" list. Following is the list of ways i have tried to get to the bottom of this issue:

1. Reformatted my PC, fresh install
2. Different Window versions
3. Different News provider - Giganews
2. Different PC
4. Tried some VPN services i.e PureVPN
5. New or Old post, can happen with both

I am on my knees guys, I NEVER EVER had this problem before. Just one of a sudden i started getting these no such articles messages and started having problem with 90% of posts that i try downloading.
I return to you once again, hope this time someone can help me get to the bottom of this or at least help me eliminate where the problem is.

Thankyou very much guys!
R3V3Ri3
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to download posts, please help!

Postby Quade » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:47 pm

It's one of 2 things.

1 - The server simply doesn't have the files you're asking for (that's what 430 means).

2 - The source of the data that tells Newsbin how to download is corrupt so, Newsbin is asking for the wrong thing.

In the US the DMCA means the news servers are required to remove files that the copyright owners ask them too. It's how they stay in business. Depending on what you're downloading, all of these files might simply have been removed.

What kind of account did you get with Giganews? The "Jade" account only works for files less than 30 days old. I see people buy into the Jade account and then wonder why they can't download files > 30 days old. This is the reason.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby R3V3Ri3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks for quick reply Quade,

I signed up for their Diamond service, which is their top service.

Can you explain why this started happening one of a sudden after my YEARS of usage of NZB. There has got to be an explanation for this. I am trying to download a post which is 86 days old and its give me same bullshit error you telling me that its already been picked up by the relevant authorities and deleted? have they become so active now ?
R3V3Ri3
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

I've told you the two causes. Might be a third, your virus scanner or firewall but, they normally cause a different error. You may simply be downloading things they target. Different copyright owners are more or less aggressive about removals.

Just for shits and grins, you might try downloading something like a Linux distro and see if it works. If it does, then the problem is probably that the files have been removed. The older the file, the more likely it is to be removed. You could try downloading something posted today and see if it works too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support