File download list disappears on restart

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

File download list disappears on restart

Postby steveellard » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 am

Hi

I've been using the pro version 6.0 build 1019 for about a year with no problems. A great piece of software. Image link not allowed for unregistered users

I have two nbi files on c: drive and a usb F: drive - It's been fine for ages. Image link not allowed for unregistered users

Now when I open NB the download list is empty when there were outstanding downloads that it should resume.
Sometimes I save the config file before exiting and sometimes I don't but the downloads always disappear. Image link not allowed for unregistered users

I have a pc with XP and a laptop with Vista - does this affect this problem. Image link not allowed for unregistered users

Help please

Steve
steveellard
n00b
n00b

Re: File download list disappears on restart

Postby DThor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:48 am

Well, I would run the latest, it's up to 6.3. But that aside, it sounds like your downloads.db3 file got pooched. You can open the data folder in the first options page, it's located there. Close newsbin, delete it, then restart, that should fix it. But, yeah, latest version is recommended...

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: File download list disappears on restart

Postby steveellard » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:37 am

Hi DThor

Thank you for that quick response Image link not allowed for unregistered users

Your cure was simple and easy to act on Image link not allowed for unregistered users

A very good job Image link not allowed for unregistered users

Thank you
steveellard
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support