Some questions about file renaming and directory creation

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Some questions about file renaming and directory creation

Postby Jynks » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:03 am

HI there..

I just can not work out how to output the downloads to a directory using the name of the NZB file?

Also, there is a lot of garbled filenames now. Is there a way to rename all the downloaded files to the name of the NZB as well, but not the extension.

So...

yuieiurewb.r00
dfkhsdlf.r01
lklkhss.r02
0970dsf.rar

234234.par2
fdgsfdfdsh.vol000+02.par2
uktyuyjr.vol002+04.par2
lkjh,kmhfnd.vol006+08.par2

turns into

nzb file name.r01
nzb file name.r02
nzb file name.rar

nzb file name.par2
nzb file name.vol000+02.par2
nzb file name.vol002+04.par2
nzb file name.vol006+08.par2

I know the temp files usually get deleted after unraring, but sometimes they don't and this renaming really helps. I saw my mates setup with Sabnzbd use this and it seamed awesome.

Also, if possible, can in addition to the NZB Name creating the directory in the final output, is there a way to make a directory names after the NZB in the temp download folder as well? Like when I download the files go to a mass temp directory, then par and unrar into the folders I set up, then delete the temp dirs. Sometimes though there is a problem and the files do not par correctly, but it can be a hassle having all the random junk in the download dir. It would be cool to not only have the final unrar output be stored in a directory using the NZB name, but also have the temp directory like that?

Thanks for any help.
Jynks
n00b
n00b

Re: Some questions about file renaming and directory creatio

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:25 am

If you add "$(NZBFILE)" to the output path, it'll include the NZB filename in the path.

X:\Download\$(NZBFILE)\

You may though want to leave the download path alone and set the unrar path to

X:\UnRar\$(NZBFILE)\

or do both.

The problem with the obscure filenames is that that's how the files are posted. It's an effort to avoid DMCA take downs. What it means though is that the files don't get grouped properly. What I suspect you're seeing is that Newsbin downloads the files and the pars. When it gets enough PAR blocks it repairs the existing files (plus rename) and then the rest of the files download leaving these stragglers behind.

It's something I'll have to look into. You can't just group based in NZB Files because some NZB Files contain multiple sets of files. I might be able to ID these obscure sets and compact them.

I don't have access to these obscure NZB's so, I'll have to figure some way to test it. I added a note to my todo to look into this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Some questions about file renaming and directory creatio

Postby Jynks » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:45 pm

thanks for the reply!
Jynks
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support