Filter for Grouped Files?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Filter for Grouped Files?

Postby ppan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Is there some way to Filter the Post list so that only grouped sets are listed (and conversely, hide grouped sets)?

I have a lot of sets that are not grouped by Newsbin, and I would like to turn off AutoUNRAR for those sets only.
In other words,
1. I would filter to only download the grouped sets and run Newsbin with AutoUNRAR.
2. I would then filter for ungrouped sets and turn off AutoUNRAR

If there currently is no way to filter this, then please can this be added?
ppan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/24/09

Re: Filter for Grouped Files?

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 pm

- You could probably use a watch list to extract large set since grouped files will be larger than ungrouped by a significant factor.

- Then you could use a max size filter in the group itself to filter out grouped sets.

What does it buy you to disable unrar on ungrouped sets?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Filter for Grouped Files?

Postby ppan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Quade wrote:- You could probably use a watch list to extract large set since grouped files will be larger than ungrouped by a significant factor.

I don't need a watch list. I am selecting everything in the post list to download.

Quade wrote:- Then you could use a max size filter in the group itself to filter out grouped sets.

A max size filter doesn't work so well as some grouped set are smaller than some individual files.

Quade wrote: What does it buy you to disable unrar on ungrouped sets?

I am having a lot of issues with these sets. For example;
I end up with leftover files (RAR and PARs) , and I am not sure if extraction failed or this is due to processing issues (as I posted before).
File set are being only partly extracted and/or I get duplicate copies of the same files. This is something that I also posted before, and it is sometimes due to the fact that there are several par sets for a larger RAR set (poor posting - I know).

I haven't been able to figure out the cause of all the problems with AutoPAR/AutoUNRAR. I wanted to separate the processing of grouped vs ungrouped sets to better diagnose the issues.
ppan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/24/09

Return to V6 Technical Support