Newsbin configuration used at startup

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Newsbin configuration used at startup

Postby Sec138 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:39 pm

I use different Newsbin configuration (.nbi) files that I select based upon my download source (.nzb files or header downloads). In the past, the default configuration used during Newsbin startup would be the same as the one used during the prior execution. However since I upgraded to ver. 6.72 this functionality has become inconsistent, and it may take several attempts (double clicking the .nbi file in the data folder), to change the default configuration.
It's not a big problem, but it has caught me by surprise a few times when invoking Newsbin via a .nzb link.
Sec138
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/10/03

Re: Newsbin configuration used at startup

Postby Quade » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:30 pm

The configuration comes out of the registry. I'm not really sure what to tell you to be honest.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby BZee » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:19 am

Sec138 wrote:I use different Newsbin configuration (.nbi) files that I select based upon my download source (.nzb files or header downloads). In the past, the default configuration used during Newsbin startup would be the same as the one used during the prior execution. However since I upgraded to ver. 6.72 this functionality has become inconsistent, and it may take several attempts (double clicking the .nbi file in the data folder), to change the default configuration.
It's not a big problem, but it has caught me by surprise a few times when invoking Newsbin via a .nzb link.

Use one shortcut for one source and a different one when you use the other source. Pass the name of the proper .nbi in the shortcut.
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby Sec138 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank you. I understand how to start Newsbin using various configs, I just have to break the habit of downloading an .nzb file and letting it execute via the browser because it's the default application for the file extension. It looks like this might be a Firefox issue since it actually had multiple entries in the application configuration for .nzb files, all pointing to Newsbin.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
Sec138
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/10/03

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm

You can set Newsbin to monitor a folder for NZB's and that monitor can have it's own download an unrar paths set. Then if you just save the NZB to the folder, Newsbin will pick it up and downloaded with the NZB specific settings.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support