NZB file too large?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

NZB file too large?

Postby DavidRTurner » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:15 pm

I recently pulled all headers from several binaries groups, as I'd had a few HD failures recently (the main data, and its backup drive as I was starting to restore... Image link not allowed for unregistered users ).

I was able to dump most of the junk headers quickly, but was still left with TBs of potential downloads, so I chunked them up into named NZBs for later retrieval.

I have one that's almost 6GB, and I can't get it to load... I hadn't intended to create one that large, but c'est la vie, there it is.

I've been able to chunk it up into smaller sections, but as I expected, only the first one has the appropriate header info to be recognized as an NZB file. I can only get about a quarter of the total headers this way.
I've left it 'loading' overnight, so it's had 10+ hours, without any indication it's working at all (and no excess CPU load on Newsbin, so it appears that it's NOT actually trying to load it).

Is there a system max file size for an NZB file? Or a max header count?
I would have figured that, if I could create it, I could load it... but that seems not the case.

Any thoughts on how I can load this beast? Cache slimming or command-line options???
Thanks...
DavidRTurner
n00b
n00b

Re: NZB file too large?

Postby Quade » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't think there's an arbitrary upper limit to NZB File sizes. That said, I doubt I've ever tried to load 6 gigs worth.

I'll have to check around and see what I can see in the code.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: NZB file too large?

Postby DavidRTurner » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Quade wrote:I don't think there's an arbitrary upper limit to NZB File sizes. That said, I doubt I've ever tried to load 6 gigs worth.

I'll have to check around and see what I can see in the code.

OK, thanks - not the end of the world, but it's a nuisance to do it over... at least, I CAN do it over if needed...
DavidRTurner
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support