Aggressive Assembly Mode?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Aggressive Assembly Mode?

Postby jackholexxxx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:07 pm

6.73B1

Can you explain this feature? I thought I understood it but it does not seem to be working as I expected.

I am downloading a set that is comprised of 21 x 52.4MB parts. The first .rar file is missing about 2.8MB, but everything else is complete including over 100MB of PAR2 files. I am seeing the retries happen rather than assembly and repair.

PAR: [702 of 735] D:26 DL:8 Retry:4 N:5,,0d:01h:58m

If I assemble incompletes, the files repair and extract without issue.

Thanks
jackholexxxx
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/04

Re: Aggressive Assembly Mode?

Postby Quade » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

How many retries do you have set? Aggressive mode still obeys retries before it assembles. I assume you're showing PAR blocks too. It'll only assemble them automatically if the small par downloads and the par blocks have counted up somewhat.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Aggressive Assembly Mode?

Postby jackholexxxx » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Retries are currently set to an impossibly large number, but based on the description in the settings I thought it would "bypass retries". I will try a more realistic value.

I am trying to work around header issues I have been seeing for the last several weeks. Many items will show incomplete even though they show complete on the search server. I thought I could turn on aggressive assembly and have it assemble and repair without the retries.

Will aggressive assembly ever happen if a file has no PARs? The reason I originally set retries so high is because I never want MP3 files assembled if they are not incomplete.
jackholexxxx
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/04

Return to V6 Technical Support