Watch List - Search Pointer

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Watch List - Search Pointer

Postby KCCraash » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:52 pm

After being a newsbin user for years, I'm just getting started with the watch list. In it, I am using the search to look for a specific file.

For example, if there is a "freemagazine.USA.pdf" and a "freemagazine.UK.pdf" then I want to limit the UK while including the USA. I would also want to make sure it only got the pdf version and not the rar version or the associated par files.

Is there anything that can point me to the correct usage of the search system and maybe even the watch lists?

Thank you for a wonderful product.
KCCraash
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/16/08

Re: Watch List - Search Pointer

Postby KCCraash » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Well.

Dumb Ass. Yes, I am.

between the REGEX forum and the filter profile I have it figured out. All in all a very powerful setup.

Thanks again for the great product.
KCCraash
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/16/08

Re: Watch List - Search Pointer

Postby dexter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:44 am

Cool, glad you got it figured out.

I'm assuming you are using watch lists against headers and not our search database. Our search database uses boolean searching and does not support regex. So for anyone else reading this topic but using the watch list feature against the search database, you would negate keywords using a - sign. So in your example you would enter a watch of:

Code: Select all
freemagazine USA pdf -UK

Applying a filter profile would still work and would apply regex so thinking about it more, your solution could work either way.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support