some headers not visible until I close and reopen newsgroup

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

some headers not visible until I close and reopen newsgroup

Postby Chuck D. Bones » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 am

I really thought I'd find this subject already discussed in the forum. I'm running 6.72RC1 Build: 4775. Here's the problem, seems to occur with all newsgroups...
I open a newsgroup tab, example: a.b.teevee. Latest headers are downloaded and the tab updates. I see the header count at the the bottom of the tab. I close the tab and reopen it by selecting Show Posts. Now I see many many more headers, without downloading any more headers. I have to do this after every header update to see all of the headers. The last few releases have done this. How do I fix it? Is this a bug in NBP? Could the spool files be corrupted? I'm running Win7 pro.

Thanks.
Chuck

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Chuck D. Bones
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Re: some headers not visible until I close and reopen newsgr

Postby Quade » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 am

1 - Have you tried sorting the new headers to the top by clicking the column header for the date?

2 - There is some lag after header download before they all show up. They get imported and until they finish importing they won't all show.

I'd suggest running the latest beta too. It's pretty much ready for release though we're going to go through an RC step before release.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: some headers not visible until I close and reopen newsgr

Postby Chuck D. Bones » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 am

I meant to close this out a while ago. The root cause of the problem was the DOS/SPAM attack on the NGs I frequent most. Once I implemented the right download filters, the databases became manageable and all of the "missing" headers were no longer missing.

Thanks for the excellent support!
Chuck

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Chuck D. Bones
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Return to V6 Technical Support