6.72 Options/Switches - Missing Options

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

6.72 Options/Switches - Missing Options

Postby cdfisher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 pm

My apologies if this has been posted before. If it has and you can direct me to the post it would be appreciated.

I was in v660 and upgraded to v672 with no issues. I'm trying to set the option to hide read posts and went to the Newsbin Options window and selected Switches. According to other posts I've seen, this is where the option for the Display Group Mode is. Under this I was expecting to see the option to Display only unread/undownloaded Files however, the problem I'm having is that I don't see the dropdown box for Display Group Mode at all. The last option under the Display Switches is the Show PAR/NFO: check box. Immediately below that are the Image Modes.

Is there another setting I need to change in order to get the Display Group Mode dropdown box to appear? Is there another area in the Options window I should be looking? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Version: Newsbin Pro 6.72 Build 4776 64-bit version

Thanks for your help. - Chris
cdfisher
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/23/10

Re: 6.72 Options/Switches - Missing Options

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:11 pm

When you load up a listing of posts, there's a drop down that lets you select "Hide Old". How about trying that?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: 6.72 Options/Switches - Missing Options

Postby cdfisher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks. That seems to work. I also was able to right-click and choose hide old. I was hoping to be able to set this globally for all groups but if I have to do it for each group that's fine. I'm just happy to be able to hide the ones that have been read.

Thanks again.
cdfisher
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/23/10

Return to V6 Technical Support