Watch Lists Questions

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Watch Lists Questions

Postby jimerb » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Having trouble finding answers to these WATCHLIST questions on the forums or documentation:

* Can you put multiple operands in the search? For example: cars AND trucks
* I'm specifying a specific poster in the config but it appears to be ignoring that field. It's giving me everything. What am i missing?
* How do you specify how long it's looking back to avoid overlap? Seems to be no field for that in the config.

Thanks, Sorry if this is obvious. Just wasn't finding it.

Using 6.72 Build 4776
jimerb
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/04/06

Re: Watch Lists Questions

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 am

1 - Internet based watch lists work exactly like a regular search. Meaning that you should be able to do "AND".

2 - You can either do poster OR subject. If you want to filter in specific posters, you should use the filter profile along with the search term.

* How do you specify how long it's looking back to avoid overlap? Seems to be no field for that in the config.

3 - Newsbin takes care of this. Search only returns new results since the last time the search was made.

There's a couple ways to do it:
- You can search on subject then add an additional poster match in the filter profile

- You can search just on the poster you like and then use additional filters in the filter profile to match on multiple subject you want.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support