Program keeps shutting down!

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Program keeps shutting down!

Postby DeadSerious » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 am

Okay, so in the middle of some downloads, the program just quits. When I go to restart, everything is still there, and I can see as it starts to download again, but almost immediately, it quits again, giving me the "a problem had caused the program to quit. Please close the program" message. If I restart again, same thing. One time, I did get the critical error messages, but couldn't read them fast enough. I think one was something about "thread bad things" or something like that. And maybe an Astraweb US server XOVER message? Anyway, I REALLY don't want to lose all of my groups, my watch lists, etc. Is there any way I can fix this without losing all of that. A way to clear the download list, maybe? I've tried to quickly remove the downloads, but there's just no way, since it closes down immediately.

UPDATE: I seem to have gotten it back, but I'm not sure how. I just kept deleting the contents of the "import" folder, which seemed to be the last folder modified, and contained a file with the name of the headers that were downloading, and then restarting the program. After about 8 or 9 times doing that, it seemed to go through. I did find three errors in the logging tab. They were Astraweb XOVER errors.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Re: Program keeps shutting down!

Postby Quade » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 am

What security package do you use? You really want to make it ignore the data folder. You might try disabling XFeatures in the server advanced options too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support